Thursday, August 19, 2010

San J Peanut Sauce

So I was shopping today and wanted to figure out a different meal for us. As you know being gluten and dairy free it gets easy to fall into ruts of eating the same thing over and over and over again. I find that if I spice it up some with some different sauces or veggies I can create a new flavor for our palettes. Today I saw this:



Now I thought of the great peanut sauces I used to partake in at many Asian restaurants. Thick peanut sauces as in chicken satay. I thought a lovely sauce with veggies over rice. Something that would make your mouth water. However, I was disappointed. This sauce wasn't as thick as I would have liked and the sake used in it created such a pungent flavor that I was saddened.

I have a solution though because I don't believe in wasting and we have half the bottle left. I think in the next batch I am going to add a Tablespoon of peanut butter (to increase the peanut flavor) and a Tablespoon of Potato Starch to thicken it up. Plus I intend to add two cloves of crushed garlic, fresh grated ginger (I don't know how much yet so to taste) and wasabi about a teaspoon (maybe two also). This should spice and thicken up the sauce to make it what I imagined in the first place.

Well, happy cooking to you and if you have any suggestions on how to make this sauce better please leave them in the comment section below.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment